Choosing the right school for their children is one of the most important decisions parents have to make. Unfortunately, moving rarely allows parents the luxury of getting to experience all of the school options available to them before the children have to spend time in one, leaving parents feeling hurried into a decision that they might later regret.
You’re probably well aware by now that Milton has grown in population by dramatic percentages over the past couple of decades, and it is likely to keep growing at a fast pace for some time. This fast growth has led to the opening of several new public schools in the area, which has been a real boon for the town. Unfortunately, private schools, which tend to take much longer to start and grow, have been slow to keep up with Milton’s phenomenal growth.
Here is a list of as many private schools in Milton as I could find:
- The Montessori Country School (Preschool – 6th Grade)
An accredited Montessori program.
- Learning Blocks Montessori School (Preschool to age 6)
- Montessori School of Milton (Preschool to age 6)
- Building Blocks Montessori School (Preschool to age 6)
- Oxford Learning Academy (Preschool – 8th Grade)
A full-day academic program that utilizes a homeschooling approach with the benefits of socialization in a small classroom environment. (Oxford Learning is primarily a tutoring program across Canada.)
- Milton Christian School (Preschool – 8th Grade)
A non-denominational religious private school.
- Grade Learning (High School)
An online high school program.
While seven different private schools is great, four of them are Montessori program schools (and only one of the four addresses the elementary grades.) If what you are looking for is found then by all means, contact the school(s) that interest you.
For most families, this list isn’t likely to satisfy their needs for a private school solution. First of all, none of the schools listed above is very large, although some are growing rapidly. Secondly, only one addresses the high school years at all, and the only option is an online program. That’s why many families in Milton bring their children with them in the mornings and drop them off at one of the more established private schools closer to where they work. If you work in Toronto, Mississauga or Oakville, you have some excellent, full-service private school options available to you.
Some of the closest schools to Milton that offer what isn’t currently available within Milton town limits include: (Private school tuition figures are from Our Kids School Guide 2017)
- King’s Christian Collegiate (Grades 9-12 with approximately 650 students) $14,600
A traditional co-ed private high school education from a religious perspective. Located in northern Oakville.
- St. Jude’s Academy (Preschool to Grade 12 with approximately 500 students) $10,500
An International Baccalaureate co-ed school. Located just off Highway 401 in northern Mississauga.
- Fern Hill School (Preschool to Grade 8 with approximately 400 students) $21,325
An established co-ed school just off Highway 403 in southern Mississauga.
- Lynn-Rose Heights (Preschool to Grade 10 with approximately 300 students) $14,370
An International Baccalaureate co-ed school near Highway 401 in northern Mississauga.