Gaining admission into an International Baccalaureate (IB) school is a great honour and an exciting achievement for any student. Attending IB schools in Mississauga is a great way for students to enrich their education, challenge themselves to reach new academic heights, and promote intellectual growth beyond a typical classroom setting.
The benefits of participating in an IB program in high school are numerous and they include:
- Independent thinking and learning
- Stronger academic performance and increased likelihood of enrollment at high ranking universities across the world
- Developing a second language and improving international communication skills
- Increased cultural awareness
- Learning tools for engaging with others on a global scale through International Baccalaureate subjects
- Enriched emotional and social skills
Students who wish to attend IB schools in Mississauga have many options for their education, including middle years and diploma programmes. Admissions require several important steps with a focus on students demonstrating core skills and academics and performance ability. The main admissions requirements are:
- A minimum 3.0 GPA in core academic subjects – science, math, language arts, and social studies with no semester grade below a C
- A well-scored timed 300-word essay
- Mathematical aptitude through earning an A or B in algebra
In addition to evaluating academic abilities, students are assessed in areas such as consistent school attendance, respectable behaviour, and an overall level of responsibility that indicates they are equipped to handle the demands on the program. Students in high school IB programs around the world are assessed on these same characteristics for a consistency across all IB programmes.
Students are encouraged to apply to IB schools with a good reputation for academic performance and an excellent university acceptance record. Students with an IB diplomas go on to attend prestigious universities and tend to out-perform students who have not participated in an IB programme in high school.
Hard work and dedication to academics and social responsibility are the core requirements for admission. International Baccalaureate subjects are demanding, with the programme prerequites designed to attract students who can not only rise to the challenge but can thrive and excel as they work through the curriculum. Individual assessment is available through the IB school of student’s and parent’s choice.
Contact St. Jude’s Academy if you are interested in knowing more details on their programmes and to learn more about the admissions process and requirements.